Modern design with a classical feel make the Shire Searchwater fly reel range the perfect stylish partners for modern lightweight fly rods. Ultra lightness has been achieved by machining the Searchwater reels from T6061 aerospace grade aluminium with extra porting to further reduce weight whilst maintaining integral strength. They are equipped with a smooth large diameter multi-layered enclosed drag system which has a low start up inertia and a monster stopping high drag setting power. Hard anodised in a pewter finish with stainless steel parts the Shire Searchwater is fully saltwater resistant and suitable for saltwater use. Available in three different sizes; 4/6, 7/8, and 9/11, with red, green, or blue drags the Searchwater sets a new benchmark of design, weight, and quality within its price range.
· Fully CNC machined from T6061 aerospace grade aluminium the Searchwater has extra
porting to further reduce weight whilst maintaining integral strength
· One-way roller clutch bearing with internal cap and o-ring seal.
· Easy spool removal via a sealed o-ring screw cap that tightly locks to the spindle.
· Tool-less left/right hand retrieve conversion.
· T styled tippet retaining spool counter balance.
· Supplied with a Searchwater neoprene reel case.
7/8 – Ultra Lightweight, we are rightly proud of this reel, designed for trout, sea trout, salmon and light saltwater species. This and the 4/6 reel during testing coped with countless Tarpon to 30lb without any worries. Showing its power and strength despite weighing only 143g.
For long term reel care we recommend that the drag dial is set to low resistance when the reel is not in use and after saltwater use the reel is rinsed off in fresh water